Thursday, February 4, 2016

fox in the hen house

This is how the fox turned out after quilting:

below is the back of the quilt, you can faintly see the outlines of the fox on that busy fabric!

His outer border is the henhouse - see the chicken wire quilting?  

For a before photo, see my last post.  This is a quilt made by my friend Carol, with a kit from Keepsake Quilting.  The pieces were already fused and cut when she bought them.  The fusible web was so stiff and thick, I don't know how they expect someone to quilt that.  Yes, I did it, but with many thread breaks, lots of cursing, and trial and error.  I ended up using a microtex needle and invisafil threads, although I did use some Wonderfil variegateds also.  The problem with the microtex needle is that my needle threader can't get into that little hole.  And with all the breakage, I had to hand thread the sewing machine needle many, many times.  I had to use the microtex needle to avoid those giant holes in the fusible web.  But, it is all finished now.  Hope you like it, karen.

No comments:

Post a Comment