Monday, March 6, 2017

Christmas Treasures Finished!

I finally finished this one (king-sized), it is quilted very heavily and all on my sitdown pfaff powerquilter.   My shoulders are still achy.

It was a top made by a friend and she has been meaning to get it quilted for 20 years!  I am honored that she chose me to quilt it for her.  It is her original design and she is thinking about making it a pattern.  Her applique' is exquisite, and she left lots of space for me to quilt intricate designs.  so here it is, all finished except the binding:




The blocks all have radiating lines and curlicues:





I am very proud of my border design, I pulled those radiating lines and the curly shapes into a border design all my own, with a few feathers...


oh and isn't that candy cane striped border fun?  The braid design is a stencil.  



Here are the ribbon corners too.  

I used all Glide threads on this quilt (love Glide).  It is Sea Foam green, a very light shade and a little pink on the candy cane stripe.  

There are two layers of batting, tuscany wool on top and Mountain Mist Cream Rose cotton under the wool.  

Now I have time to finish up some other projects, and I am taking them to the longarm since my shoulders are tired.  I hope you enjoyed seeing this quilt.  Karen



1 comment:

  1. Your quilting is stunning! Wish I had a friend, who could quilt my tops. I use to hand quilt them, except my shoulder give me a lot of pain. So now they sit on the shelf waiting for one day.... Hope the pattern become a reality, it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete