Monday, January 29, 2018

What I've been up to...

Yikes, it's been so long since I've blogged, I might have forgotten how to do it.  I think I will just show some pictures of projects I have been working on.

Here I am right before giving a trunk show and power point talk at the UUMC quilt guild in San Antonio.  What a nice bunch of ladies, and they  seemed to enjoy the quilts that I brought.  

I bought this jelly roll of ombre fabrics in Houston just to make this project.  I saw it online and loved the dimension.  the pattern is called Strip it Three Ways by Nancy Rink.  Very fun and quick.

I am quilting this one on the longarm right now.  My friend Cyndie made these blocks for me for my birthday and we put the top together one fun day.  it is the periodic table of quilting, she made it for me knowing my chemistry background.  Wasn't that super sweet?  

 
I plan to paint those letters with lumiere after quilting the top.  I'll post photos then...



I quilted two of these panels before Christmas and then put the lights in as shown on the Missouri Star site.  One went to my daughter who never puts up a tree because she's afraid her kitty will destroy it.  The other went to a Christmas gift exchange.

I have been working on this quilt for a while now.  The snails trail blocks are stencilled with a J Michelle Watts pattern and stencils.  I had to make stencils for the storm at sea blocks to fit the stencilled blocks.  The top is almost finished.  It's for ME and I love pink. so this quilt is going to be my cuddler.  

I made a portrait quilt of my niece for my sister for Christmas.  I loved this pensive look and she is going to college at Appalachia State, hence the mountains in the background.  


My cousin called and asked me if I wanted to quilt this old top that my aunt had kept in a trunk for 60 years and I said yes, yes, yes.  We're not real sure who made this - it might be my grandmother...  


There was one fabric that had deteriorated and it was used in many places.  I decided to applique over these patches.  

alice also sent me some old fabric that had been in the trunk, so I made applique patches out of that fabric. 






And here is the patch with the baby blue appliqued on top of the old rotten fabric.  I had three of these blocks to repair.   Now that it is done, I am going to back the top  with muslin and quilt it on the longarm for our family reunion auction.  I will also be adding a blue curvy border.  

So, I have been doing lots of things, but no blogging....

Have a great day, Karen



No comments:

Post a Comment