Wednesday, May 9, 2018

what I've been up to...

This is a mini dresden plate quilt that I made for the Quilt Show's International Miniature exchange.  I am exchanging it with a woman from Germany.  We decided on a rainbow theme.  I quilted this on my domestic machine and it is very intricately quilted.  

this design is called cadent and is a popular zentangle design.  

Here I dolled up a stencilled border design.

I love that twisted clamshell.


The next quilt photo is of a plaid group quilt that my bee made at our last retreat.  I quilted it on my longarm trying really hard not to overquilt it :)  I quilted alternating blocks with two designs - a large pumpkin seed and some curvy stuff. Wool batting!  We decided to donate this one to our guild auction coming up in September.  



I quilted up this beautiful flower panel (on my longarm) for the quilt shop that I work at.  They have it hanging and have sold many panels.  It was so fun to work on, all those different types of feathers.  I bought another color for future fun.



My hairdresser had this old quilt top that she asked me to quilt for her new granddaughter.  I dolled it up a little and quilted it on my longarm with a flannel backing.  I gave it to her yesterday and she loved it.  Here is the finished quilt:



That giant pink rickrack broke up the giant blue stripe fabric sashings.  I feathered on both sides of the rickrack too.  I layered muslin fabric under the top because the fabrics are so old and thin.   

Did  you watch the April Quilt Show with Alex and Ricky?  Cheryl Lynch taught this fun mosaic technique and I ordered the pattern for one and made this:

It is very small, like the size of a piece of typing paper.  And it was very fun - I made it in one afternoon.  Now I want to use one of my own photos and make a larger mosaic.  I chose this primrose photo that I took on one of my walks.

I have it started, it is the size of four sheets of typing paper.  NOT going to finish this afternoon.  It is taking some time and I'm not sure how it is going to turn out.  But isn't it fun to try something new?  



More projects on the way, Karen







No comments:

Post a Comment